2023, Term 1, Week 4
A REMINDER: Year 4 students who will be making the Sacrament of Penance(Reconciliation) to attend the Parent /Child meeting this coming
Monday 27th Feb. 6:00pm in the Year 4 classrooms
Solar Buddy - Tuesday 7th March
Qld School Photography - Photo Day Tuesday 14th March
Photo Day is nearly here! Queensland School Photography will be taking our school photos on Tuesday 14th March.
Follow these steps to order:
- Complete student details on the order envelope/form (attached) - please fill in one envelope/form for each student purchasing, a hard copy has been sent home with your child today.
- If you are paying by cash, enclose the correct payment (change will not be given)
- Online Orders - visit http://www.qldschoolphotography.com.au to order. Online Access Key: 7TZMZWSR Reference number must be recorded on the envelope/form
- Sibling Photos (same as steps 2 & 3) - envelope/form (attached or available from the school office)
- Late Orders for individual and class photos can be placed online up to 1 week after photo day
- Please ensure your child presents neat and tidy on photo day.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with the photos taken of your child please contact Queensland School Photography directly 07 3216 6777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Headspace National has provided information sheets to shared with communities. Understanding each family's recovery path can help staff to support student learning and wellbeing outcomes.
The Catholic Schools Office has collaborated with NSW ParentLine to develop a parent fact sheet with information specific to the experiences of our families such as how to respond to questions such as 'Will it flood again?' and recognising and supporting anxiety-based behaviour triggered by the rain.
In response to our 2022 Tell Them From Me Survey, we have revised our K-6 Homework requirements. Homework will begin this Tuesday.
K-2 weekly tasks include:
Reading- a reading diary will be sent home.
Spelling (Yrs 1-2) or Sounds (K)
Years 3-6 weekly tasks include:
- Reading- a reading log will be sent home.
- Spelling & Typing
- Mathematics- Studyladder (online)
- Physical activity
**Extension of work that has been completed in class, or preparation for an upcoming task may also be sent home for homework. Note- this will not be a weekly task.
Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills (DIBELS) Assessment
This year all primary schools in the Diocese of Lismore are administering DIBELS tests to measure student reading skills. Over the last few weeks, all Years 1-6 students have completed DIBELS tests. Below is a link to the Parent Guide which contains information on-
What skills are measured
How often tests are administered and to which grade
How the test results are used
Parent Guide to DIBELS Assessment (Primary)
Assistant Principal- Learning & Teaching
Leader of Pedagogy